Saturday, August 21, 2010

On Channeling


     As mentioned in an earlier post, I struggle to consciously understand many of the written definitions of the 105 Universal Laws as they are available on the internet. And so I was guided to take on the project of channeling new descriptions of these Laws in language that is more easily accessible to the reader because I know that if I struggle with understanding their meaning, others do as well.
     I only recently discovered that channeling is something that I am good at. Although I have been channeling written and spoken material since college and graduate school, the recognition that this is what I have done for so many years has come only within the last year or so. As an English major, I was assigned numerous papers to write. Prone to procrastination, I often waited until the night before they were due to begin writing (although I did preliminary research and brainstorming beforehand). I usually did not have a clue as to what my thesis was when I sat down to write.
     Hours before a paper was due, I would settle down and begin writing. The words flowed quickly and easily. When I had enough pages to fulfill the assignment, I would read what I had written and then tack on an introduction stating my newly discovered thesis and a conclusion summing it all up. I would turn in the paper and get it back a week or so later, almost always with an "A" on it. I'd re-read my words and be completely surprised because I had little or no recollection of consciously knowing the particular content. I thought I was losing my mind but this method worked so well that I didn't think it was wise to complain about it. I joked with my friends that I had a Muse who wrote my papers for me. It did seem as if a voice told me what to write even the voice had no distinguishable sound. It was more like the words were planted in my brain and came through my pen.
     My freshman year I channeled a philosophy paper arguing against Hobbes' Leviathan. I learned later that my professor took it to the Dean of Students and accused me of plagiarism because he felt that no freshman was capable of writing something so insightful. The Dean apparently conferred with my other professors who confirmed that all of my papers and test essays were like that--so I was safe. And yet to this day, I have little recollection of what Leviathan was about and no memory of what I wrote.
     Since college I have also had the regular experience of people quoting back wise words that I had shared with them--words that in some way changed their life for the better--and me having no recollection of ever saying (or knowing) these things. I was embarrassed to have such a poor memory and again wondered if I was in fact going crazy.
     As my life progressed, I shifted more and more from an intellectual perspective to a more spiritual focus. I was surrounded by people I considered to be "real psychics." Many of them made such a big production about channeling information from guides, ascended masters, and angels that I was really impressed with their seemingly superior abilities. The fact that they could tell you who was giving them the information--Archangel Michael, Mother Mary, Master Kuthumi, Metatron, etc.--lended credibility to the fact that they were in fact bringing through information from a higher source than their limited human consciousness. And I believed that they were very special--chosen specially by God to bring these messages through. How Holy they must be to have this gift. In comparing myself to them I saw myself as "less than"--too imperfect to ever receive information from these highly evolved beings.
     After hurricane Katrina, I moved from New Orleans to Hot Springs, Arkansas where I became apprentice to Starr Fuentes, my spiritual healing teacher. She often gave me writing assignments in which she provided me with a bare-bones outline and instructed me to channel the rest. "But I can't channel," I always objected. To this she would lick her finger and rub it on my third eye saying, "Here's the download. Channel me." So I would sit down to write and would hear her voice in my head telling me what to say.
     After a few years of this, the process changed. I stopped hearing the sound of her voice. Without hearing the words, I knew what to write next. By now I had confidence that I was channeling but I could not tell you where the channeling came from.
     The same was true when I worked with clients and students--information often poured out of my mouth that I did not previously know. And yet, because I could not tell you where this information was coming from--who was giving it to me--I did not consider what I was doing to be as significant as formal channelings by others who could name the spiritual Being bringing through the information.
     Then I met a woman named Marilyn who helped me immensely. She did a reading for me in which she told me that I channel a large council of beings. She said that some of the positions on the council are long-term positions and some of them are temporary. Thus the makeup of this council changes periodically as new energies are required. She said that I had been doing this for much of my life--that I just didn't know it. She explained that many people channel councils and do not realize that this is what they are doing because the information does not come through in a distinguishable voice or personality and because, when you've been doing it most of your life, you think it's just the regular voice in your head and do not realize that it is something more than your mind speaking.
     My guess is that there are many people doing similar work on the planet at this time and like me, they do not realize that they're doing it. They remain humble, sharing wisdom without calling attention to themselves. They do not disempower others by implying that they are wiser or more enlightened or more spiritual because this information comes through them; rather they speak from their hearts and share their truth in a way that supports those around them.
     I am of the belief that if I can do it, anyone can. Is it necessary to know the story behind it? I know most of the details now and yet am not guided to share them publicly--for me the identity of the Beings on this Council are sacred. Knowing who they are brings me confidence to share their messages in a public forum like this one and yet it does not feel appropriate to name names.
     Is this something you desire to do? If you have the desire, you also have the ability. Ask to be a mouthpiece for Spirit and be open to allow messages to flow through you. What wisdom do you have to share that is needed at this time? Check your ego at the door and open yourself up to the process of discovery. You may just be surprised at what comes through!!!

Blessed Channeling,

Zabe

No comments:

Post a Comment